Sunday 28 November 2010

The walls come tumbling down




Things are getting on top of me. I'm feeling squeezed. I've lost another pound and half.

Apologies from both of us for the lack of blogging this week, but our house-building programme (which is grand way of saying we are getting an extension, rather than creating a New Town from scratch or anything) has been consuming most of our time.

Whether this has stopped us consuming other things, it is difficult to say ... I hope that a combination of exhaustion, physical exercise (packing boxes, mostly) and having something else to think about other than food for a change may mean that I will continue to lose weight during the downward run to Christmas without (a) really noticing it or (b) really trying. I have lost weight in this way before, but usually only because I've been very ill. As I said a couple of months ago, the trick is to lose the weight that death's door brings, without actually being anywhere near it!

... So if you don't hear much for either of us over the next few weeks - have no fear. We will return! We shall get on with building a new bedroom and downstairs loo, and you can get on with preparing for Christmas. Shall we all meet here on the evening of the 24th and do some carol singing, perhaps?

In the mean time, to get you in the mood, here's a picture of a puppy in a Santa hat:


No comments:

Post a Comment