Sunday 8 March 2009

You're not that overweight are you? (by D)

"You're not that overweight!"

I have heard that from some medical professionals lately. They mean, "you don't look that overweight".

And on paper, fourteen stone isn't that bad. A lot of women would be healthy, if a bit chunky at that weight. But I am that overweight. I'm short and slight, so on me, fourteen stone is almost double what I should be. My BMI is 39 and my body fat percentage is 50%. Quite scary to think that 50% of what I see in the mirror is pure fat. And it's all round my middle, as the practice nurse made a point of telling me as she struggled to find my cervix during my last smear. Apparently all the fat kind of shoved it out of the way a bit. Nice.

So I'd like to lose this much weight (look above left for picture of a twenty five pound tub of lard. Now imagine eight of those). My highest recorded weight so far was 14st 4.5lb, my weight this week is 14 stone, and my goal weight is around eight stone. I reckon it'll take at least a year, maybe two, but I'm in no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment